Friday, March 11, 2011

Here We Go Again

"Well, here we go - again! I'm a 46 year old married mother of 3, with a full time job as a teacher's aide to students with special needs.

I need to lose around 15 kilos.
I need to exercise more.
I need to avoid the heart disease and type 2 diabeties that runs in my family.

So, here we go again!

I started the TWD on Monday, 30 August - and I've already lost 1 kilo! I'm not hungry, but as I work in a school, having trouble adjusting to not having morning tea! Sometimes I borrow from another meal.

A few years ago, I lost 20 kilos over a year, and put about 13 back on, so I know I can do this! Hopefully, with the help of this site, and the moral support of everyone on it, it will be (relatively) easy.

So, good luck everyone, remember you are not alone, check back in for support and encouragement, and remember, is that chocolate/cake/beer really worth it!

4 September 2010"

Well, that was my first blog on the CSIRO site - pretty tame really. Just a matter of introducing myself, and dipping my toe in the water! I had never blogged before, and I didn't know if first of all, anyone would bother reading it and secondly, if they did, what their reaction would be.

You have to remember at this stage, I was still very insecure, and still very worried about what other people thought. I'm not sure with the last line whether I was trying to encourage others, or myself!

So, what happened next? Only time would tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment