Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Difference A Year Makes

This time last year, I was getting ready to go on school camp. I was really worried about what I was going to eat, and whether I was going to blow out.

Next week, I go off on school camp again. This year, I'm not worried. I know I will be able to control my choices, and if the food doesn't exactly suit, well I'll just worry about it when I get home.

One of the teacher's made up a book with photos from last year, and showed it to his year 7 class. They of course weren't at the school last year, so therefore weren't on camp.

When they saw the photo of me, they didn't know who it was! They thought it was one of the other teachers! It took him some convincing to assure them it really was me. Later that day the book was being passed around our staff meeting. Across the room I could hear "look at Melissa, doesn't she look different - how amazing". It was a nice feeling.

It's little reminders like that that make it all worthwhile, and make it easier to stay on track.

I have another run on Sunday, the Sydney Running Festival, 9.2km across the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I am really looking forward to this one. Best of all, I am meeting up with a couple of TWD buddies for lunch on Saturday.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment